Search This Blog

Friday, April 29, 2016

Living the Vive-a Loca

Hey guys. Yesterday I had the privilege of going to a family friend's house to try his new HTC Vive. He has it connected to an awesome gaming computer and has an Oculus Rift coming in the mail. Y'all know what time it is, Dope or Nope. The moment that helmet fell into place over my eyes, I was completely immersed, in a menu. I'm nopeing that I had to do a menu first. The game was a demo called The Blu. I used the wands, which I am dopeing for being such an intuitive interface, to select a whales tale, I had seen this one on a screen before, and at the time it seemed cartoony, so I figured it would be a good one to see first, because I knew what was coming. After a brief loading screen (Nope), I realized I couldn't be more wrong. I was standing on the surface of a boat, a bit animated looking (Nope), but within seconds I forgot that this was not how the world looked (Dope). I walked around the ship, with a feeling of needing to swim and to hold my breath. I bent down to examine a fish that was awesome, unconsciously reaching out to touch it, it freaked and swam away. (Dope) I looked up, and a school of fish, accompanied by a manta ray, was swimming in front of the sun. A whales swam up beside me and my sunken ship, I walked up to it and looked it in the eye, I then realized that I had walked off the boat and jumped back, scared, to the boat. The whale got even closer, the eye filled my vision and it blinked. As it began to swim away, I watched, leaning on the railing, I fell forward, as there was no railing. The whale swam away, tail flashing before my face. This was ten minutes of my several hour experience, and the least cool part of it. I won't waste your time by telling you the rest of it, all I will say is the whale was nothing. Dooooooooope is the end result with an experience well worth the hefty price tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment